French for “anonymous”
• from or by a person, author, etc, whose name is unknown or withheld
• not named or identified
A vintage garment represents stories untold; anonymous past lives resound within its fabric. At Anonyme, we often wonder about these stories. We try and imagine the lives of the women who owned these pieces throughout the decades...what happened while these garments were being worn? What world history have they witnessed? Which corners of the earth have they traveled to? How did they all eventually end up in our collection? What an elusive and spectacular journey they've all lived! It is our mission to give these frocks another chance at life, adventure, and identity. What will you write in the next chapter of their stories?
Find us on instagram:
W H Y C H O O S E V I N T A G E ?
When you choose vintage you're adding a unique story to your wardrobe while eschewing a culture of disposable fashion, slave labor and ecological pollution. Wearing vintage represents an experience of superior quality, timeless style, a unique story, and taking a stand against the ecological devastations of fast fashion.
S H I P P I N G / R E T U R N S / G E N E R A L I N F O
- All domestic orders will be shipped within 2-5 business days (unless otherwise noted)
- You will receive a tracking number via email once shipped
- For high value items, we strongly recommend choosing the signature verified, fully insured UPS Ground shipping option
- If you choose USPS shipping and an item fails to be delivered, buyer must provide proof that item was not delivered. We will try everything in our power to track down your package, but on very rare occasions it is possible for USPS packages to be lost in transit. Buyer accepts that it is the responsibility of USPS to deliver packages. If a domestic package hasn’t arrived after 30 days, we can refund shipping charges, tax and 33% of the item’s value.
- Contact (via the ‘about’ page) to arrange international shipments and receive a quote for shipping charges. Shipments going outside of the United States will only be shipped via Fedex or UPS.
- All items (unless otherwise noted) in this shop are vintage. Vintage is rarely ever perfect. We try our best to disclose all flaws found in garments, but it is possible to miss a small flaw from time to time. Please expect mild signs of wear...most of these garments are older than we are. Use the zoom feature on photos to inspect your potential purchase closely.
- Shop with care and feel free to ask questions, as all sales are final
- No returns are accepted unless an item has been grossly misrepresented
- Because great care is taken to provide accurate measurements and photos for each garment, returns due to poor fit are not accepted
- The easiest way to determine if a garment will fit you is to lay flat one of your best fitting garments and compare those measurements to the ones in the listing
- If you have a question about the size or appearance of an item, contact us and we will happily send more photos or take additional measurements